“Frankly, KernTax is substantially more engaged and effective than most county taxpayer associations. Of the many around the state that I have worked with, only San Diego’s compares, in my judgment.”
Suggested annual investment guidelines are based on the number of employees OR the amount of Kern County property taxes paid, whichever is higher.
7,500+ employees or $5,000,000 in property taxes
• Kerntax will discuss appropriate investment level.
• 5,000-7,500 employees or more than $2,000,000 to $5,000,000 in property taxes.
• 3,001-5,000 employees or $1,000,000 to $2,000,000 in property taxes.
• 1,001-3,000 employees or $500,000 to $1,000,000 in property taxes.
• 501-1000 employees or $50,000 to $500,000 in property taxes.
• 101-500 employees or $25,000 to $50,000 in property taxes; nonprofit organizations.
• 51-100 employees or $15,000 to $25,000 in property taxes.
• 16-50 employees or $10,000 to $15,000 in property taxes.
• 1-15 employees or under $10,000 in property taxes.
• Individual Taxpayers
Additional investment options:
• Kern Leaders Academy Sponsorships: $2,500 or $5,000
• Golf Tournament sponsorships: levels from $125 to $5,000
• Annual Meeting sponsorships: levels from $800+
• Sponsorship of various communications: emails, webpage, event promotions, etc.
These additional investment options can be added to the member’s initial dues invoice.
Kerntax is currently registered under Section 501(c)(4) of the IRS code. KernTax does not endorse political candidates or make political campaign contributions.
Section 501(c) (4) of the IRS tax code is reserved for civic leagues and other organizations operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare. They may engage in unlimited amounts of lobbying activity, which the IRS defines as attempts to influence legislation, but they may not be primarily engaged in efforts to affect the outcomes of elections. Those groups that attempt to influence elections are required to pay taxes on their election-oriented expenditures or their organization’s overall investment income for the year, whichever is less. Section 501(c) (4) groups are not required to disclose contributors’ names.
Your annual investment may qualify as a deductible corporate subscription (business expense). Consult your tax professional.
KernTax’s Federal Employer Identification Number is 95-0898312.